September 21, 2012

Halloween Candy!

I always love to display Halloween candy, such as candy corn, candy pumpkins, anything fun.  A few years ago I bought a good amount of candy, and mainly used it for decoration, only eating a few bites here and there.  Well I didn't want to throw it away and have to buy new for the next year, so I saved it.  Also a good way not to eat the candy the next year because it is hard as a rock.  Gummy worms do not keep well!  So tonight I decided to go ahead and put out my candy for display.

 
I have three jar like containers that I keep lemon drops, gumballs, and random candies (leftovers from my goodie box at school), and I don't eat it, so I can use it for a long time!  It is festive and fun and just adds some color to my kitchen.  Above are just two of them. 
 
I decided to put some of my Halloween ribbon to use, so I replaced the blue with two different styles.  Here is the finished product!
 
 
I bought the jars a year or so ago at Hobby Lobby when the glass was 50% off, so I was able to do all of this for little cost.  I just need to make sure any guests know not to eat the candy or they may break a tooth!! 
 
I also have a few apothecary jars that I like to put different candy in, and here is one of them with a mixture of regular candy corn and the candy corn pumpkins.  I added a thicker ribbon around the top, just to give it a little something.  I put this on the desk in the corner of my living room.  Loving it with the picture frame!  (That is not me in the frame.  I need to put pics of me in those - haha!)  I bought a set of three apothecary jars about two years ago from Ballard Designs. 
 
 
 
This is what I have done so far, but I plan on working on the rest next week!  I try to wait until October 1 to put out any Halloween or fall decorations, but since I am trying to figure out what I want where (for the millionth time), I decided to go ahead. 
 
Hope you enjoy and maybe get a little inspiration!! 
 
Elizabeth
 

No comments:

Post a Comment