March 16, 2013

Old Photos...

I LOVE old photos.  
I love the black and white prints, and the clothes, and the expressions, and the styles of everything.  My family has a lot of old photos and I have taken a few of my grandparents and framed them.  
I have had these for years, but I have more at my parents house that I want to print and frame.  
I think it is so important to remember my family history, 
and I like to be reminded of them when I look at their pictures. 

 This is my dad's mother.  I have had this picture in my room for a long time and I love it!!

These are my mom's parents.  I think they look like Hollywood stars!!
My mom has many pictures of them on the beach and they are just amazing!

This is one of my favorite pictures ever - just love it!!

This is my dad's dad.  He died in 1947.
Funny story about this picture - it always sat on the dresser in the extra bedroom at my grandparents house.  One day when I was 11 or 12, I asked who it was and my mom said it was my grandfather.  I then asked who the guy in the living room was.  I didn't know my grandpa Doc was actually my step-grandfather, but of course he was always my grandfather.  

This is my Grandpa Doc.  He was in the Army and fought in WWII.

 This is a picture of my dad, and we always say that my nephew B looks like him, or really looked like him when he was more a baby/toddler.

This is a picture of my mom, her sisters, and her parents in the 70's or early 80's.  

One day I hope to have built in shelves and plenty of room to display old family photos.
A few years ago my sister put together a photo album for my mom and my dad each of family photos, and I enjoy going through them, so one day I will go through them, pick some, and show them off. 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment