October 11, 2012

Things...

I have had a lot on my mind lately...
Mostly I need a job.
 
I have been out of work since the end of May.
My teaching contract was non-renewed.
I have not been able to find a teaching job.
I have not been able to find any job.
I have had a few interviews.
I have applied for well over 200 jobs.
I am frustrated.
 
I want to work.
I want to work where I am able to use my gifts.
I want to work at a place where I will make more than my unemployment.
 
I have been told I am not trying hard enough.
I have been told I don't want a job bad enough.
I have been told these things because I don't talk about it.
All I think about 24/7 is a job.
I don't want to talk about it anymore.
I have applied and applied and applied and applied.
And applied some more. 
 
I keep thinking about ways I can make money on my own.
Can I sell stuff online?
What can I make that others would want to buy?
 
It's hard.  Really hard.
I KNOW GOD has a plan for me.
I have to go through the valleys to see from the hills.
I am not alone in my job search.
It could always be worse.
I am not hungry.
(I could stand to not eat for a few days.)
I am not without a roof over my head.
I have clothes on my back.
I do not have health insurance, but I am not sick.
I can afford my medicines.
I still get my Sonic Route 44 Diet Coke every day.
I have gas in my car to get me where I need to go.
I have what I need.
It could be much, much worse.
 
I have some opportunities that I am very excited about.
Not enough to get me out of unemployment, but I won't lose any either.
I am thankful for that.
 
Just needed to vent for a few.
 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord.  "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment