February 28, 2013

Rest of the night randomness...

I cannot believe that tomorrow is the first day of MARCH!!  And we are expecting snow.  Tennessee weather has to be the most random weather ever.  One day we can be wearing flip flops and the next day it is snowing!!  Never a dull moment! 

My new job, well I started in December, is going great!!!  I love working with my kiddos and have met some really amazing people!  Also, I am working at my home church's Mother's Day Out, and I absolutely love it!! 

My schedule is different, but I don't mind it at all.  I feel like I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing now. 

I started wearing foundation again.  I had stopped for maybe over a year, I can't even remember, but I have rosacea (sp?) and it flares up every once in a while, and I just need better coverage.  Also, my powder was not looking good, so I decided to start taking the extra time in the morning to put on foundation.  I have been much happier with my makeup lately :)

I started painting my bedroom so I can get some things done.  I really could not find something I truly loved for the bedroom that would not be too girly and not to manly for when Lou moves in.  Well, I was looking on pinterest and saw a color palette and I knew that was what I wanted.  I went to the Home Depot to pick out paint and got a few samples, and then Saturday just decided to go for it and bought the paint and started the process.  Half the room is done, and I plan on finishing the rest this weekend, because if it snows I won't be getting out, unless it is to Sonic. 

I am obsessed with scarves.  I have bought a few new ones and just love to wear them!!

I stopped at a new little store in the town I grew up in, and where I work at MDO, and they had these really cool non-slip headbands.  I bought a navy and white swiss dot one and LOVE IT so much I went back this afternoon and bought a black one!!  I have never liked wearing the hard headbands because I wear my reading glasses all the time and they start to hurt my head, but these are great!!  I have tried to squeeze my eyes and move my head in every which way to get it to come off and it hasn't!!  I can wear it all day!!  Also, these headbands benefit an amazing charity called AMAZIMA.  For each headband sold it provides three meals to a child in Africa.  The young lady who started this charity is from Middle Tennessee, but has done amazing work in Africa. 

I am soooo ready for Spring.  Ready to wear my flip flops.  Ready to wear capris.  Ready to sleep with my windows open.  Ready. 

I am also excited about finding a wedding photographer and finally picking an accent color for my wedding.  I just get excited thinking about it!! 

I have been tracking my calories and working out a lot more since I have got to get this weight off to fit into my wedding dress and I am proud of myself for really thinking about what and how much I am eating.  I want to do it right. 

I think that is all for the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment