February 28, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


Lou and I are not huge celebrators of Valentine's Day, but for Christmas I had bought him tickets to a concert in Nashville that happened to be on V Day.  I had not really heard any of the songs of this band, but was going to go to spend time with Lou.  

Well, the day before Lou called me and said he had free tickets to the Preds game.  I asked him what he wanted to do since they were his tickets, and he said he would rather go to the hockey game!  WOOHOO!!!  Not that I didn't want to go to the concert, but I was so excited we were going to the game instead!!  

(Even before we met I had gone to Preds games, but it had been years since I had gone, 
so once we started dating, I was excited to start going again!!) 

I met Lou at work that afternoon and we went to one of his favorite stores, and then went to eat at one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Nashville.  

We went to park the car and had about 45 minutes to kill, so I took a quick nap in the parking lot - Haha!!

Our seats were way up in the nosebleeds, and I am excited to have free tickets, but being up that high makes me so nervous.  I don't feel good about standing up and cheering when they score, so I usually just sit there and watch.  I know I am a chicken.  

Well, we went in and thought we would try to get our seats upgraded and to check about getting some engagement pictures done in the arena with the ice down.  Well folks, they put us 6 ROWS FROM THE ICE!!!!!!!!!  OH MY WORD!!!  Lou kept laughing at me because I was just staring at the players during warm-ups.  There are some good looking hockey players!!  It was just so cool to be that close!!  I will admit it was a little harder to see the whole game and my neck got a workout, but we were so thankful for the opportunity to sit so close!!

Mike Fisher - Carrie Underwood's Husband


Pekka Rinne at the goal!!

The Face-Off

Lou and me :)
We had a great time and excited to go again soon!!

Also, I told Lou that I wanted to buy him a new hockey sweater and get his name and favorite number on the back.  He told me not to, but he does so much for me and I wanted to do this for him, so I told him he could pick out which one he wanted and what he wanted on it, or I would have to guess and that would probably not be good - haha!!  
Here is what he picked out and I love it and he loves it too!!  He even bought a new shirt to go under the sweater.  It looks so good on him, and I am just happy to be able to do something for him!!


It was a great day all around and I could not have asked for a better Valentine's Day - even though we don't really celebrate the day - haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment