January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012 - Part 1

The Sunday before Christmas, Lou, Jake, and I headed to church and then to my parents house for a Christmas lunch!  We also exchanged gifts for Lou and Jake with my family since they would not be there on Christmas Eve or Day, and it officially started the Christmas rounds :)

On Christmas Eve, I was up bright and early to head over to Lou's grandparents house to open gifts with Lou, Jake, and Lou's grandparents.  I made my normal stop at the Sonic to get my drink, and then headed to Lou's!  They made breakfast and as we were eating Jake was jumping to get to open his presents!

Bright and early!!  I called my mom and she had not even woken up yet!!
My addiction.

I sent this to Lou to mark that I can be on time and even early :)

Jake about to tear into some presents!

Lou's grandfather watching Jake! 

Lou smiling as Jake is handing out gifts.

Jake and Nannie

Beautiful surprise from Lou!!  Has earrings also!

Lou and Jake

Lou and I

My surprise!!  He does good!!

 That afternoon I headed home and took a short nap before heading to Christmas Eve Communion at my home church with my dad, sister, brother-in-law, and nephews.  Mom stayed home to finish up our traditional Christmas Eve "dinner".  I really enjoyed the service and was so glad that I went this year!  I just realized that we sat in the same seats we sat in every Sunday!  We were the preacher's family that sat in the back row - haha!!  Good to see faces I had not seen in a while :)

Part 2 coming up next...

Love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment