January 2, 2013

Christmas 2012 - Part 2

After Christmas Eve Communion, the family headed to my parents house
(Lou was not with me because he had to work on Christmas Day).

I'm not sure when it started, but we have eaten finger foods for Christmas Eve dinner for as long as I can remember.  It is my favorite meal!!  We have turkey sausage balls (my bro-in-law is allergic to pork) and they are actually better and less greasy than regular sausage balls.  We also have a veggie tray (I stay away from the raw veggies), cheese dip with Rotel and tortilla chips, pigs in a blanket, and I can't remember what else, but it is always good.  We all eat and then usually hang out, but my aunt and uncle were there so we exchanged gifts with them :)  It was so good to have them because they were here for Thanksgiving and then moved down here a few weeks ago!

My sister and her family started a tradition a few years ago and they make Christmas shirts for their pajamas.  They boys could not wait to put theirs on and they looked so cute!!!  They pick a theme each year and this year was snowmen!!



The boys took Legos and on one added a Santa hat, and took Ninjago Lego snakes and taped them to two Lego men to make reindeer.  Creativity at its best!!

B put bows on T's rear end.

Santa stopped by!!

B with his HUGE Lego set from Santa!

My sister got a banjo.  We are in for some fun!

Part of the Monster Fighters Lego set. 
Lou and I at Opryland Hotel for Christmas Dinner with the family!

B and T with the finished Lego project!!  B was so proud!!!


Santa had to do a few flyovers to make sure the boys were asleep and they were so excited it took them a while, but they finally drifted off and Santa made his stop!!  The next morning the boys were so excited!!  We all opened presents and then hung out until it was time to get ready to go eat!  We have gone to the Opryland Hotel for years to eat on Christmas Day and each year we enjoy eating the food and sitting in the middle of all the decorations!  Since Lou had to work, I picked him up when he got off and we met the rest at the restaurant.  There were 12 of us who ate this time and every year the number is different, but we still have a great time!!

Once we got home we pulled out some games and had two groups of people playing.  It was a relaxing night and just a good time all around!!

It has been a great Christmas season and I am ready for what they new year has to bring!!  

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!

Love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment